Saturday, October 20, 2007

Do You Hate It Too?

Ugh. Cilantro. It's in almost everything these days. Mexican food is probably my favorite food, but over the last 5 years or so it's become a mine field. I find myself ELATED when I go to a Tex-Mex place that doesn't put cilantro in their salsa. One of my favorite restaurants (I love you, Abuelo's) does put it in the salsa, but it changes every time I visit. Some visits I can eat it without trouble, then other times I bring the chip up to my mouth and nearly gag before I even taste it. This restaurant also puts cilantro in their guacamole, so that's another food I love that I can't eat when I go there.

If you loathe cilantro like I do then I recommend you do NOT eat at a restaurant that I call either "Luna de Cilantro" or "Cilantro de Noche". You will lose your appetite as soon as they set down their so-called salsa. It's MADE FROM Cilantro. It's green and disgusting.

~E

No comments: